‘Enough’: Trump’s ex-homeland security adviser ‘disturbed,’ ‘frustrated’ by Ukraine allegations, says president must let 2016 go

Ex Homeland Security Advisor Tom Bossert Win McNamee / Getty Images file

President Donald Trump’s former homeland security adviser, Tom Bossert, expressed strong concerns Sunday about the president’s July phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy and said if Trump does not give up his fixation on debunked 2016 election allegations, it will “bring him down.”

“I’m deeply disturbed by it [the call] as well and this entire mess has me frustrated,” Bossert said on ABC’s “This Week” when asked about a whistleblower complaint made public last week. “I’ve just spent a week overseas, and I’ll tell you, the whole world is watching this. The removal of a president is a — is a big and serious deal. But the removal of a president in not only a democracy, but the biggest democracy in the world is really a weighty matter, and I hope that everyone can sift through the evidence and be very careful, as I’ve seen a lot of rush to judgment this week.”

“That said, it is a bad day and a bad week for this president and for this country if he is asking for political dirt on an opponent,” he continued. “But it looks to me like the other matter that’s far from proven is whether he was doing anything to abuse his power and withhold aid in order to solicit such a thing.”

Article URL : https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/enough-trump-s-former-homeland-security-adviser-disturbed-ukraine-allegations-n1060051

%d bloggers like this: