Worker dead, 10 hospitalized after chemical incident at Burlington Buffalo Wild Wings

Approved ~~ MJM

BURLINGTON, MASS. (WHDH) – One employee has died and at least and ten other people were hospitalized following a chemical incident at a Buffalo Wild Wings in Burlington on Thursday, a fire official said.

Emergency crews responding to a reported chemical reaction in the kitchen area of the South Avenue restaurant about 5:36 p.m. found a male employee who was suffering from nausea after he apparently breathed in the fumes of a powerful cleaning agent, according to Interim Burlington Fire Chief Michael Patterson.

The worker, whose name was not released,  was rushed to Leahy Hospital, where he later died.

At a press conference, Patterson said the chemical was being mixed to be used as a floor cleaner.

The man who died was trying to get the chemical out of the building after the person who mixed it became ill, officials said.

At least ten other people checked themselves into the hospital.


Article URL:

%d bloggers like this: