Dozens of people have been killed in a crush in the south-eastern Iranian city of Kerman, where hundreds of thousands of mourners have gathered for the burial of the military commander Qassem Suleimani. Emergency officials told state TV that 40 people had been killed and 213 injured.
Suleimani’s burial has been postponed due to the size of the crowd. It comes a day after Iranian police said millions gathered to mourn Suleimani in Tehran, in the largest turnout since the funeral the 1989 funeral of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
Iran's Foreign Minister Javad Zarif called President Trump's decision to order the airstrike that killed top Iranian military commander Qasem Soleimani an act of "state terrorism" in an interview with CNN. https://t.co/NHxEPJhTTx pic.twitter.com/NuKXgILpWF
— New Day (@NewDay) January 7, 2020