- Biden, Buttigieg, and Bloomberg have plans that could easily pass a Democratic controlled Congress.
- Their plans would make the individual health insurance market workable for everyone in that market.
- Their plans would preserve the Medicaid expansion that is working to provide health insurance to people that under no circumstances could afford coverage in any other system.
- Their plans would continue the unqualified coverage of those with pre-existing conditions.
- Their plans would leave intact the employer-based system that consumers still largely support.
- Their plans would not create a financial upheaval among health care providers that a single-payer plan would.