- A groundbreaking study analyzed 667 women’s emotions about their decisions to have abortions. It followed them from a week after their abortions until five years post-procedure.
- After three years, 99% of these women said having an abortion was the right decision. After five years, 95% said the strongest emotion they felt was relief.
- This is the first study of its kind to investigate how women feel years after their abortions. Other studies on the topic have been limited to one week or one month post-procedure.
- These findings run contrary to many of the claims that fuel state-level laws restricting abortion access in America.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more.
Five years after their abortions, the strongest emotion almost all women feel isn’t regret, but relief. That was the takeaway of a groundbreaking five-year study of 667 women published today in Social Science & Medicine.