A pneumonia outbreak was first reported in the city of Wuhan, central China’s Hubei Province in December. Experts have attributed the outbreak to a novel coronavirus that has since spread across China and abroad.
Here is what we know so far:
– Confirmed cases: 20,471 in China, 159 abroad
– Deaths: 426 in China, 1 abroad
– Recovered: 632
– Health experts warn of the risk of reinfection for the recovered
– Human-to-human transmission confirmed
– Level 1 emergency response activated in 31 provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities on the Chinese mainland