A national Quinnipiac University poll released Monday shows top candidates in the Democrat primary field — including Michael Bloomberg (D) — leading President Trump in hypothetical general election matchups.
The Quinnipiac poll, released a day ahead of the highly anticipated primary contest in New Hampshire, indicated that Democrat candidates are leading the president in hypothetical general election matchups among registered voters across the board. Notably, Bloomberg, who edged out Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) for third place nationally, saw the highest lead over the president, 51 percent to 42 percent.
The results, per Quinnipiac:
- Bloomberg tops Trump 51 – 42 percent;
- Sanders defeats Trump 51 – 43 percent;
- Biden beats Trump 50 – 43 percent;
- Klobuchar defeats Trump 49 – 43 percent;
- Warren wins narrowly over Trump 48 – 44 percent;
- Buttigieg is also slightly ahead of Trump 47 – 43 percent.