R&I – FS
Over the past few months, there have been many OPs about belief or ask the questions of the importance of that belief, be it in a God or in peoples claims.
But I would like to take this in a different direction.
1. What does it mean to you personally -to- believe? In God, people, or ideas/claims?
2. -How- do you go about believing?
Is it with your “heart” that you believed? Or is it with your “mind”?(intellect) Do you see any difference between the two?
3. What does it -mean- to believe with your “heart” / “mind”?
4. If you have a belief in something/someone, and you changed your “heart”/ “mind” does that mean that you *truly* never believed?
5. Is it possible to go through life without having -any- beliefs at all?
(Please disregard if you find it’s too personal a question!)
***How have your “beliefs” (on anything) effected you/your life personally?