Approved ~ Primus Pilus (Løki)
Is your Christmas dinner table plagued by the same debates every year? Are you looking to settle the family infighting once and for all? Then you are in the right place as new research has attempted to settle the debate on whether or not Die Hard counts as a Christmas movie.
Over the last few decades, people across the world have been debating on this one.
The camp that supports the Bruce Willis movie as a holiday classic argues that the story kicks off from an office Christmas party. There is also lots of Christmas music, discussion of presents and it even snows at the end, which has not happened in Los Angeles since 1962.
Those against this classification believe that Dia Hard cannot count as a Christmas movie because as an action movie, it does not carry the feel-good fuzzy feelings of classics like Love Actually, Home Alone or The Holiday.
Debate Channel Rules of Engagement (ROE)
The Debate Team channel is for our members who are looking to have civil and honest discussions about news events without rhetoric and personal assault based on political beliefs, but instead based on logic and facts that can be supported.
- OPs must be sourced from news organizations only (no blogs/tweets/individual person websites)
- No personal attack comments of any sort allowed. All discussion must be on the article posted and not the political POV of the person posting the comment.
- If requested –any claims made by a member MUST be backed up with links that support that claim, and if asked to show where in the link the claim is made. Failure to do so will result in the comment being be deleted.
- No memes will be allowed. You must be able to argue your point without them.
- Expletives will be kept to a minimum. Here and there to make a point is fine, but overuse will be moderated.